A Sustainable Future

As you know from a previous post 'Can Diets Make You Fat', I do not agree with Crash diets as they are very unsustainable, unhealthy, and weight gain is almost guaranteed when you inevitably give up after a week. So to elaborate on that, I wanted to write some more about sustainable living and my personal experience with dieting.

Within a year of leaving school I had put on almost 2 stone. I had never been heavy before and it hit me hard, I couldn't fit into my clothes and the ones that did fit I felt too self conscious to wear. I decided to put myself on a ‘diet’ (by this, I mean I cut out all the rubbish I was eating and had very small portions for breakfast lunch and dinner) - I was miserable and my family were fed up with my constant moods. The weeks went on and I was never losing weight and became obsessed with calorie counting. Looking back, I was uneducated and my ‘diet plan’ was completely unsustainable. 

My mum could see that it wasn't working for me and introduced me to the 15 minute 'Lean in 15' recipes by Joe Wicks

Life changing!

His books taught me I could eat large portions of all the foods I love and expelled the myths of ‘bad foods’. I was never hungry and hardly had any cravings. He also promotes the benefits of HIIT workouts (High Intensity Interval Training), these are short 20 minute workouts that you can do anywhere with little or no equipment. 

From using his recipes and working out regularly (roughly 4/5 times a week) I saw the weight drop off me. Balance really is key! You cannot deprive yourself food groups and expect to be happy in your weight loss journey. 

Next Weeks Post :Cheap But Not So Cheerful

Comments

  1. Very true Lynsey. I have spent years yoyo dieting. I have now found a balance. I have cut out refined sugars and processed foods. I do moderate exercise and I have lost 3st 12lb since January. I always feel full. I no longer crave "rubbish" and I feel so much more energetic and healthy. It's refreshing to hear someone of your age to take such a sensible and educated approach to food, diet and exercise

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are Happy Meals Making You Unhappy?

How To Curb Those Cravings